Sam Roweis died unexpectedly on January 12, 2010.


He was a truly wonderful person; a beloved son, husband and father; and a treasured friend and colleague.

This is a place for all of us who were lucky enough to know Sam to share our memories and to help celebrate his life.
If you would like to add an article to this blog please contact samblog@linden-sahani.net. Or you may leave a comment on any article. (Comments are moderated: please bear in mind that this is a place to remember Sam and to help celebrate his life.)

There is also an album of photographs for which contributions are welcome. Instructions on how to contribute appear next to album.


Monday 18 January 2010

from Cayle White-Hasson

I attended University of Toronto Schools with Sam for six years, from ages twelve through eighteen. Sam was a superstar, known and liked by all, and everything he touched seemed to turn to gold. It seemed effortless, although I'm sure quite a bit of effort went into it. In a nutshell, to me he was like one of the Muppets. He wore these long sleeved, striped polo-neck jerseys, that nobody should be allowed to wear past age six but it suited him. He was completely unselfconscious. And he had a style all his own. He also bobbed along like Kermit the Frog in one of those "breaking news" flashes. Some days, he would get so excited about some new phenomenon that his eyes would practically bug out of his head!! He was always so kind and complimentary to me. Even as he watched me doing something that he probably thought was reckless; or when given some assignment that he could complete in his sleep that would take me ages to do, he was never arrogant or judgmental. I never thought that I would be attending a memorial service for Sam at this point. Although I hadn't seen or spoken to him in years I figured he was out there somewhere, happy and very busy. I wish all the best to his father, Meredith and the girls. And for them to know that I am always at their disposal to talk about Sam anytime they wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment