Sam Roweis died unexpectedly on January 12, 2010.


He was a truly wonderful person; a beloved son, husband and father; and a treasured friend and colleague.

This is a place for all of us who were lucky enough to know Sam to share our memories and to help celebrate his life.
If you would like to add an article to this blog please contact samblog@linden-sahani.net. Or you may leave a comment on any article. (Comments are moderated: please bear in mind that this is a place to remember Sam and to help celebrate his life.)

There is also an album of photographs for which contributions are welcome. Instructions on how to contribute appear next to album.


Saturday 16 January 2010

from Michael Hochster

When Sam started at Google in early 2007, I was assigned to be his mentor. It didn't take long to figure out who the real mentor was! I remember telling people that Sam right away understood anything I explained to him better than I did myself. One evening after work, Sam and I were talking about some technical topic while I waited for my bus home. I don't remember the details now, but at the time it was captivating enough that I didn't notice the bus loading, then pulling away. Sam chased it some distance on my behalf, yelling very very loudly until the driver pulled over. That was Sam: engaging enough to make you miss your bus, kind enough to flag it down for you. I'll miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment