Sam Roweis died unexpectedly on January 12, 2010.


He was a truly wonderful person; a beloved son, husband and father; and a treasured friend and colleague.

This is a place for all of us who were lucky enough to know Sam to share our memories and to help celebrate his life.
If you would like to add an article to this blog please contact samblog@linden-sahani.net. Or you may leave a comment on any article. (Comments are moderated: please bear in mind that this is a place to remember Sam and to help celebrate his life.)

There is also an album of photographs for which contributions are welcome. Instructions on how to contribute appear next to album.


Monday 18 January 2010

from Michael Jhu

Sam and I were in the same high school class at the University of Toronto Schools.

Words simply can not express the immense respect that I have for Sam, who remains to this day the single most brilliant and caring person I have ever had the good fortune to meet. Perhaps my esteem for him can best be expressed by the fact that even though we hadn't seen each other in nearly 20 years, his tragic death has touched me and saddened me so profoundly.

"Shouks", my deepest condolences go out to you and to all of Sam's family. As a father myself, I can't even pretend to imagine how painful this must be for you. May you draw strength and comfort from knowing that all who knew Sam, even those of us who only knew him half a lifetime ago, shall be forever the better for having had that privilege.

The world has lost one of its very finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment