Sam Roweis died unexpectedly on January 12, 2010.


He was a truly wonderful person; a beloved son, husband and father; and a treasured friend and colleague.

This is a place for all of us who were lucky enough to know Sam to share our memories and to help celebrate his life.
If you would like to add an article to this blog please contact samblog@linden-sahani.net. Or you may leave a comment on any article. (Comments are moderated: please bear in mind that this is a place to remember Sam and to help celebrate his life.)

There is also an album of photographs for which contributions are welcome. Instructions on how to contribute appear next to album.


Thursday 14 January 2010

from Naomi Levinson

Sam went to high school with me at University of Toronto Schools, a special small school where we were not just classmates, but family. In his teenage years, Sam was the kind of guy who was not necessarily every girl’s boyfriend but he was every girl’s good friend; we all thought he was our special friend. This is why I think we are all finding it so hard to believe he is gone.

Sam was the guy you went to for that extra hug. He always made us laugh. He was responsible for some of the best pranks, laughs and memories we have from high school. He was brilliant and did exceptionally well at school – but he was always happy and eager to help explain to us what we couldn’t understand but came so easily to him. I was one of the only girls who chose to take advanced physics and Sam was so supportive. Sam was sweet and kind and gentle.

While Sam and I didn’t keep in touch after high school, I bumped into him a couple of times over the years, was his “friend” on FaceBook, saw his beautiful, inspirational wedding website and heard that he had had twins. I was pleased for what seemed like a great life that he had. I was happy for him and interested in his success and happiness. This May is our 20 year high school reunion: Sam was one of the people I was really, really looking forward to seeing. Instead, we will all just have to share memories and stories – an wonder why he can’t be there with us.

My heart breaks for his wife, children, father and family. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers – and focus on my sweet happy memories of Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment